Parking for the disabled on Saturday 5 March is available at the Stanthorpe YMCA. See the map page for location.
Drop off points
There are three disabled/elderly drop off points for Saturday 5 & Sunday 6 March:
- The corner of Lock & Creek Street
- The corner of Railway & Rogers Street
- Behind the Piazza on Farley Street
See the map page for location.
There will be reserved seating for the elderly and persons with a disability to watch the Grand Parade in front of the St Josephs's Church.
Disabled toilets are marked on the map.
They are located in the following areas:
- In the Art Gallery/Library
- In the civic centre
- At Community Development Services on Saturday (8 Corundum Street) - this is the Grand Parade Marshaling area
- In the public toilets behind the Piazza on Farley Street
- In the Lions Park, between Canarvon Bridge and Ergon depot
- At the Visitor Information Centre on Leslie Parade
Most of the Open Gardens have no accessibility issues. The ones that do are as follows:
- Bramble Patch – you drive to level ground then walk over a small bridge to the garden which is on a small slope from the house leading down to a dam .
- Ashwood garden is build on the side of a granite ridge. Disabled can drive around the back of the house for unloading. Gardens are on a small slope with gravel walkways.
- Grass Tree Hill is a large garden on tiers with a small gradient, but drop-off can be near the house for disabled.
- Braeside is also a large garden with entry near the house. Paths have a small to medium gradient. Plenty of areas with easy access.
- Mikela garden has an easy entry access, but some garden areas have a small slope.
- Bungawarra is built on the side of a granite ridge. There will be a “drop-off” area for disabled near the house and garden. Some small areas are not accessible by wheelchair.